🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PalomaBennett

American Hustle and Harold & Maude

Could you think about putting up American Hustle and/or Harold and Maude for the Canon? They are both complex interesting films, which I love.

Harold and Maude is terrific; a versus with maybe The Graduate would be a lot of fun. Ashby's Being There also definitely deserve Canon-consideration.

American Hustle... yikes, gotta seriously disagree there. It is mediocre in nearly every way.

I'm almost embarrassed to say the only Ashby movie I've seen is Being There, which I love. Harold and Maude is definitely on my list and having it nominated would finally push me to watch it. As for American Hustle, I also think it's quite mediocre, as is everything I've seen of David O. Russell. I remember liking Spanking the Monkey but I haven't seen it since it was first released. Russell's movies are entertaining enough, but just not worthy of any second visits or much discussion afterward. American Hustle just felt like it wanted to be a Scorsese movie. It just felt like a light version of Goodfellas.

• Like 1

I'm almost embarrassed to say the only Ashby movie I've seen is Being There, which I love.

Definitely watch his stuff. My personal favorite is Shampoo.

I really did *not* like American Hustle.

Harold and Maude, though. Definitely a weird one (in a good way!).

Sign in to follow this