🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
IRONicmerMAN

Amityville...any of them

I was surprised to not see any Amityville films come up in my search of the forums. Apologies if it did and something was off in my query. I was also surprised to see that there is a new iteration of the series coming out in January 2017, including Jennifer Jason Leigh as one of the stars.

Even more than that, I was blown away that it will be FILM #18 of the Amityville canon and there were four in 2016 alone! Granted, I think all but four of them (with the next one being a theater release) were direct-to-video or made-for-television productions, but come on.

Ultimately, the series is a mess, although I admit to kind of liking the first film. Maybe the crew could do a combo of the first one and its 2005 remake. Maybe do the first two. Or just focus on one of these turds by itself.

https://www.wikiwand...r_(film_series)

post-121478-0-51576700-1472666898_thumb.png

tumblr_inline_o99u5hKHP41u6k64d_1280.jpg

Amityville 2 is pretty nuts and has a really weird incest subplot. I didn't realize all the film's with "Amity" in the title were supposed to be in the same franchise; I just sort of assumed the name was in the public domain and getting slapped on budget straight to video junk.

Amityville 2 is pretty nuts and has a really weird incest subplot. I didn't realize all the film's with "Amity" in the title were supposed to be in the same franchise; I just sort of assumed the name was in the public domain and getting slapped on budget straight to video junk.

Yeah, outside the four big screen releases, the others look really hastily scrapped together. I think I remember seeing the budget of one listed at $1000. Yes, $1000. A couple were released under the banner of Asylum or Amityville Asylum, which is pretty telling.

I think Amityville II would be a good pick amongst these awful movies. Amazingly, Roger Ebert thought it was better than the first film.