🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JackChristensen

Kids

Movies about kids? Movies for kids? How about Larry Clark's Kids? I think this film is definitely Canon material, for both film-making and also for controversy/ cultural impact.

Bully is the superior Larry Clarke film in my opinion but a Kids Vs. Bully episode would kill because they're great in different ways.

• Like 1

Yeah only if it's versus Bully. I think Bully would win. It's weird how low his movies are rated on rotten tomatoes. He was just on the Bret Easton Ellis podcast this week.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Bully, but I also heard him on the B.E.E. Podcast and Ellis kept referring to it as his greatest film [and he's even seen the little-viewed-in-the-US Ken Park]. I really need to see that one. I went to Clark's website and there was an ad for his latest exhibition, and there was a large tapestry of images from the show in the ad. There was a bunch of pictures of Brad Renfro shooting up and with blood dripping down his arms. Gave me a really weird and unpleasant feeling seeing that, but I guess that's what great art can do.

Sign in to follow this