🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
paultab

The Midnight Meat Train (2008)

Stars: Bradley Cooper, Leslie Bibb, Brooke Shields

Director: Ryuhei Kitumara http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0457565

Bonkers-level: Exponentially higher with each act.

Los Angeles stars as New York City, as Bradley Cooper, a photographer hell-bent on capturing the dangerous side of the Big Apple, finds himself on the wrong side of the tracks when he follows the wrong kind of butcher into the wrong kind of train.

I just finished this movie, which I randomly found on Netflix, and am beside myself. This thing needs to be seen and talked about, if only so somebody can confirm what I just saw.

Here's the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805570/videoplayer/vi2259812633

• Like 1

Los Angeles stars as New York City,

on board.

...Bradley Cooper, a photographer ... finds himself on the wrong side of the tracks when he follows the wrong kind of butcher into the wrong kind of train.

On Board.

I randomly found on Netflix

On Board!

Basen on a story by Clive Barker?

ON BOARD!

• Like 1

I should correct myself: Los Angeles stands in for New York City. They don't dutch it up to look like NYC, but they also don't change any of the New York of it all from the script (this was originally supposed to be shot here, but it was decided that it would be too expensive, which is headscratching but not if you consider that Liongate's head producer's long game was to shelve it in favor of his own projects -- the costuming and behaviors all scream New York noir.

Re-upping this from @paultab's original post.  

This is now avail fo free on Amazon.  

It is everything you want in a HDTGM movie:  big name actors doing their earnest best to get through a bonkers script.  Nonsensical writing & plot twist.  It very much reminds me of a Crank-esque horror movie.  Please consider this...

Sign in to follow this