🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
rubberducks

Please help me identify this movie!!

Not strictly HDTGM but hoping you guys can help me! You know when you get a part of a song or a single image of a movie in your head, unconnected to what is it, and it really annoys you trying to figure out where it is from? I have that with a fracture of a movie scene, I can't place it at all and it is slowly killing me. I've done countless google searches and searches on specific 'identify this scene' sites but no luck. 

Things I'm pretty sure of:

-The film is over 10 years old (and was probably just on TV not something I saw in the cinema)
-The main character is a man
-It is not a heavy thriller/ horror

-The scene is completely unimportant within the plot

The scene (with minor variations possible) :

The main character (man) comes into his therapist's office and lays/ sits on the couch. He says something like "you'll love this" or "you'll never guess what happened", referring to the night before when he saw a woman changing through his window (this detail is fuzzy). Before he can elaborate the therapist (also a man?) excuses themselves and leaves the room (phone call or bathroom break?). The main character hangs out on the coach for a while but then spots the therapist's notebook where he always takes notes during their sessions. Main guy goes over and looks inside. Instead of notes there are just doodles, the therapist has just been wasting time all of their sessions, letting him talk instead of taking notes. Instead of getting angry the guy kind of smiles wryly  and leaves.

Honestly this has been in my subconscious for years I hope it sparks something for one of you! It is definitely not American Beauty. Praying to the bad movie gods that this is one of theirs, and one of you will know it!

Thank you

5 stars