🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 120 - Adam McKay

Writer/director/producer Adam McKay feels old-fashioned-twelve-year-old-about-to-have-a-sleepover excited about being Conan O’Brien’s friend.

Adam sits down with Conan to talk about birthdays in Worcester, MA, famous pranks from the early days of UCB, the challenge of adapting The Big Short to film, and exploring the untold narratives around basketball players who lost their lives with his new podcast Death at the Wing. Later, Conan demands his assistant Sona explain her reasons for not owning a microwave.

I loved the episode with Adam McKay because I felt like Conan truly enjoyed it. McKay made him sincerely laugh hard a few times. They seemed like they could be good friends, and it was a cool dynamic.

Like Sona, I also grew up without a microwave. I remember learning to reheat food on the stovetop. Tastes better! Then in HS when we did get a microwave my dad tried to cook an egg in it (without peeling) & it exploded in his face when he attempted to crack it open. HILARIOUS! There were some incidents with utensils and zapping flashes but it held out til my sister tried to micro old nail polish. The only reasons I have a microwave now are cuz 1)it's cute and 2)my nephew wouldn't stop badgering me with disbelief at not owning one. I feel you, Sona.

Sign in to follow this