🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 124 - Eric Andre

Comedian Eric Andre is Conan O’Brien’s friend, and he feels titillated by that.

Eric sits down with Conan to talk about showcasing unity and an uplifting spirit with his new film Bad Trip, how street pranks can bring out the best of humanity, and the ways in which performing comedy can mess with one’s head. Later, Conan gives us live updates on his reaction to his second vaccine shot.

Watched the Bad Trip movie on account of this interview--laughed my ass off! Brilliant. Gotta check out the Eric Andre show now.

Two things from the post-interview portion... Quakers (at least those I know from the northeastern US) aren't anti-technology. The simplicity Quakers aspire to is context-specific, like a sensible car as opposed to an ostentatious one. You may have been thinking of Shakers, who I believe did have intentional communities apart from larger society, unlike Quakers who live wherever.

Second note: when Matt pointed out Conan should just do mind-over-matter if he gets COVID, the riff could have continued by Conan saying he was being a shining example to the populace by being responsible and getting a vaccine, even if he "doesn't need it." Lead by example, get vaccinated, whether or not you can mind-over-matter it!