🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JustinL

Second Opinion: BURLESQUE

Would like to do this for all the old episodes, but I'm not sure if I could go through this again. Don't know what shortcuts you might be using Paul, but I can't see myself doing this fifteen or whatever more times.

Five-Star Amazon Reviews of Burlesque

Burlesque, March 4, 2011

By EcstaticMomentz

I would not be afraid to take a 12 year old girl to see this, as there are some lessons here and it is not a movie about being baudy.

The music, dynamic singing and star-powered energy give this movie an A+++ in my book!

The cast is CONTINUALLY & PERPETUALLY UNSTOPPABLE.

Burlesque. Great Movie to be seen 100 times., December 31, 2012

By M. Jacobsen "Conservative Man" (Iowa)

This movie gets better everytime i watch it. It would never produce an Oscar, but the director made the very best movie from what he had.

Christina and Cher, 6 stars

Music and dancing, 7 stars

There was no nudity, with the exception of a brief shot of a man's butt. If only it was Chistina or Julianne's butt, I would have given it 10 stars. However, leaving nudity out was brilliant.

It will be a classic movie someday.

Other thinking simple entertainment, March 15, 2011

By C. Mueller "Corina" (Reno, Nevada)

I loved this movie and so did my daughters...so much that we have watched it a couple of more times. Is this movie based Mother Teresa, world hunger or the great writings of Keats? Ummmm...no, but who cares. Whatever ever happened to just simple entertainment...the story line is predictable, but again who cares. I do not know about the rest of you, but if I want serious and depressing now-a-days you seem to only have to walk out the front door...I do not need every movie I watch to reflect the same thank you. The costumes, the music, the visuals were all amazing and it kept me coming back for more. So a bit of advice to those of you who seem to be "Part-time" critics...have a coke and a smile! Thank god I didn't have to do any huge amount of thinking, simply sit back and be entertained! I give this two thumbs up!

Pure Entertainment!, November 26, 2010

By Jenny Bishop (New London, OH USA)

My husband and I took our 16 year old granddaughter to see this movie. We all loved it! It was pure entertainment and so refreshingly unvulgar. We loved the singing and dance routines and didn't have to be embarrassed. I was worried that it would be vulgar and sexually explicit, something that we have too much of these days, and how wonderful to see that a movie can be done without that junk! The actors were very likeable and the story had a happy ending. I can't wait for the DVD so we can watch it again and again, just like Pretty Woman.

Cher STILL Rocks!, May 3, 2011

By Judith E. OConnor

I haven't actually watched the DVD, but, I did see the the movie at the theatre...I HEARD of Christine Aqualara? but, didn't really KNOW what she did--I thought she was fantastic--her voice is beautiful...as for Cher, I've always been a fan, and went to see the movie because she was in it--also, why I bought it--you can't go wrong with Cher--always entertaining for many, many, years, and hope she will continue in some capacity for the next forty or so years!

Best Musical Movie!!!, November 29, 2011

By Colleen

At first, I did buy this a year ago and then my mom kept on borrowing my movie. I decided to give my first copy of the movie to my mom since my dvd player didn't recognize the movie. I absolutely love musical movies and that I thought that I would give it another shot to buy the movie again because I love Christina in the movie. This is my top musical movie that I would watch over and over.

Burlesque DVD, December 12, 2012

By Stacie

This product is a gift for Christmas but im sure the person will love it, plus it come in on time

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

"Best Typo" Award:

I cried!, May 18, 2011

By Jerry J. Myers

When the plug gets pulled on three performers on stage who are lip sinking....Christina pauses and then starts singing the part, thats when I started to ball...it was incredible....

"Most Awkward Phrasing" Award:

Such a great, underrated musical gem!, June 21, 2012

By Dr. D (The Boondocks)

Now I'm not a musical kind of guy, but I've only seen a handful of musicals, and this one ranks among the best. It's up there with Rocky Horror and My Fair Lady (my other two favorite musical movies).

This movie is great for both guys and girls. For the girls, you can look at all the gorgeous women and appreciate them for their style. You can also look at the very handsome lead actor, Jack, for some eye candy. Maybe you view them as role models, perhaps (and maybe you fine lesbians can whet your whistle a bit!). For the guys, well...you can look at all the gorgeous women too and get your male juices flowing. For the gay men out there, of course there's lots to love! You got your Broadway musical thing going on with your fabulous icon, Cher (and a musical track by your other icon, Madonna, interspersed in between scenes), and then there's Jack with a partial nudity scene.

"Might Actually Be Gary Marshall" Award:

Why you should not let critics pick your movies!, January 17, 2012

By Gary M. (California)

I loved this movie! Great dancing, beautiful women, great singing by both Aguilera and Cher, and a good love story.

The critics have this one all wrong. I usually don't listen to critics anyway. Listen to the opinions of movie-goers. They loved it, just like me.

Like typewriters and land-phones, critics will soon be dinosaurs of the past. Why listen to one or two pretentious nerds when you can get hundreds of reviews with overall ratings from real movie-goers on internet sites like this?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this