🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JustinL

Second Opinion: BATTLEFIELD EARTH

Had to check many a reviewer's history for sincerity. Some of them I'm still not so sure about. I could best describe TheLyingThief as "sarcastically sincere." Never have I spent so much valuable time scanning page after page of reviews asking "Who...IS this person?"

Five-Star Amazon Reviews of Battlefield Earth

Brilliant Family Entertainment, October 16, 2001

By A Customer

As a movie, it was and is the most insightful human drama since

Waterworld and I am personally shocked that anyone would not see it as the classic it truely is. I Think Ronald wrote a good story

True Sci Fi, January 28, 2001

By Kevin Wilson (La Canada-Flintridge, CA)

Different from your run of the mill movies in almost all aspects, this movie makes a point: any oppression can be toppled with knowledge and intelligence. Great acting, filming and directing. Pay attention and you won't be let down. I especially liked the added scenes to the DVD that were not in the original movie. I highly recommend the book by the same title. It is the best sci fi book, no, actually it's the best book I've ever read. You just can't put it down!!

Was AWSOME! Some parts were not realistic...., January 2, 2001

By Ray Michaels (Hawaii, Maui)

The movie itself was great.... I like the story to it. It was not like most sci-fi's whith aliens attacking earth in the presant day and humans win. Instead, the movie takes place after aliens attack earth and win the battle betwen themselves(aliens) and humans. I also liked seeing travolta playing in a sci-fi film. The only thing I did not like was how they learned to fly F-15 jets in a matter of days. That was just unrealistic. Other than that, great movie, awsome special effects.

One Great Movie!, February 5, 2011

By Ron Tyler

Battlefield Earth: Great Title!

Starring John Travolta, Forest Whitaker, Barry Pepper, and Kim Coate: Great portrayals!

Cinematography: Great Job! Fantastic lighting and effects!

Directing: Great dialog and scenes!

Music: Impressive!

Sequel? You bet!

Oh, did we happen to mention the Movie Genre? ** Science Fiction, FANTASY **

For people with imaginations!

"It's only a movie, or is it?" LOL!

Thanks! John ...

This is a great movie! Think about what is happening now!, August 7, 2009

By Patrick Bailey "PADRAK" (CA)

It doesn't have to be aliens or ETs that shut you out of your world and take over.

It just could be the international bankers, the private FED, and the corrupt US Federal Gov.

Why do you think that they spend so much money to get elected?

How are they going to pay back their "friends" that donated those funds?

Where do you think that money comes from?

That's right! - From you!

Watch this movie again with this perspective in mind, and you will see a whole new world! Yours!

Then go see this 5 minute wonderful clip from the movie "V For Vendetta"...

"V's Message for the U.S.A"

The CInematic Event of the Century, May 8, 2002

By jason (Moreno Valley, CA United States)

I can't tell you how much I loved this movie. John Travolta and Forest Whitaker are walking gods on the face of this planet. This movie had everything: men eating rats, men's heads exploding, men falling off of cliffs because the aliens thought they could fly, and Barry Pepper falling through 10 layers of glass. This movie changed my life. It was cinematic gold. I can't believe this movie wasn't the biggest box office success ever. I must have seen this movie at least 5 times in the theaters and I was almost the only one there. I am forever a John Travolta fan and anything he makes is pure genius. Kelly Preston had the longest tongue I have ever seen and it was delicious. Instead of "American Beauty" winning all of those Academy Awards, this movie should have won it all. John Travolta delivered the performance of his life. Forest Whitaker was a comic genius. The new human revolution has begun with this monumental motion picture event.

the best movie ever made, January 7, 2006

By TheLyingThief (seattle, Wa United States)

there are two kinds of movie critics: those that think the color purple and roots and schindler's list to be the wildest intellectual achievements of the ages; and those that refuse to think at all. movies, mostly, if they are at all honest, are less driven to educate than to entertain. entertainment does not require thinking. so a film is not a work of art in search of a critic; it is a pastime in search of an audience.

true enough, battlefield is not polished, sexy, stimulating, or sensational. thank god. because all those films that are sexy, polished, stimulating or sensational are very quickly boring, because the sex is dry, the polish caked on, the stimulation shallow, and the sensation ephemeral. so, if you want a piece of amusing tripe; do not need to validate your limited intelligence with pseudo-intellectual clap-trap; and would like to put yourself to bed without tossing around to get another peek, this is it.

quite frankly, along with about 1 million other examples of equal rank and achievement, the greatest film ever made.

I like bad movies, November 25, 2002

By Peter Panagakos (Philadelphia, PA)

This movie was made in Montreal so that explains why it wasn't any good. Travolta is an ego muncher.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

"PLEASE DON'T" Award:

A fun, action-filled movie worth every second of your time, September 8, 2004

By Jean-Luc (Canada wants NOWHERE MAN on DVD!!!)

Man do I love this movie. Or should I say, man ANIMAL do I love this movie. Heh.

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN" Award:

A classic packed with extras, January 5, 2001

By ZZ Morgan (California)

Everybody should buy this movie. It is going to be talked about for years to come. Hey, do you want to be the one to tell your grandkids that you passed up a chance to own this gem? Come on!

"MANTZOUKAPHONICS" Award:

A lot of fun, February 7, 2001

By NonFictionFan "craig01" (Clearwater, FL USA)

I like a straight-ahead Sci-Fi action movie, but this one is completely over-the-top, with larger-than-life (literally) villains and a hero fighting against hopelessly impossible odds.

Sign in to follow this