🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 360 — Snow Dome

Never Not Funny’s Jimmy Pardo and SNL alum Paul Brittain are back to reminisce about the good times in the Windy City of Chicago on today’s Comedy Bing Bong! Jimmy also breaks down the rules of his new TV show Race to Escape and Paul tells us about his relationship with his uncle Bob Newhart. Then, high school student Fitch Pender drops by with a smoothie order from International Smoothies Incorporated on Sunset but before leaving he shares some interesting information about his boss that may lead us to believe that he may be dangerous.

• Like 1

I have been craving for some Pardo/Aukerman goodness, so this is a nice surprise. And Paul Britain is a good addition always. I hope that old man Lizard or Larry makes a stop by!

• Like 3

Guest Sanjay Yngwie Gupta Malmsteen

Hey Nong Man,

Fresh CBB always envigorates my week :D

But...

I've tried to warm up to Jimmy Pardo over the years since Scott endorses him so highly...I don't get it at all.

To my ear he doesn't seem to be humorous or clever and even his speaking voice seems artificial.

No sé :|

• Like 2

Hey Nong Man,

But...

I've tried to warm up to Jimmy Pardo over the years since Scott endorses him so highly...I don't get it at all.

To my ear he doesn't seem to be humorous or clever and even his speaking voice seems artificial.

I don't know what's not to get. Subjective I suppose, but I find him to have a bullwhip for a tongue and I don't think his voice is artificial at all, I think he's just one of the people who were lucky enough to be born with a big booming voice.

• Like 9

I really thought we were going to get the return of 5-4-3-Nose-1.

Apart from that good, very special ep.

Also episode 360 huh? I wonder if Fitch ever did a 360 spin on his skateboard!

• Like 4

Hey Nong Man,

Fresh CBB always envigorates my week :D/>

But...

I've recently started listening to never not funny and I like Jimmy more the longer I listen to him. With regards to his voice, I think he has done alot of work as a host and mc, it strikes me as speaking with effort rather than artifical. Each to their own I guess.

• Like 4

Hey Nong Man,

But...

yeah, I pretty much agree on all of that. I don't hate the guy, I just don't get it. That being said I can see it from the other side too There's tons of comedians I find endlessly funny (Pete Holmes, Andy Kindler, etc.) who have very specific schtick or personality that apparently from what I've read a lot of people hate. So i dunno, this one's gonna be low on my podcast queue today i think. But, hey Jen Kirkman and Matt Gourly are on Spontanianation!

• Like 1

Whenever we get around to compiling the definitive list of 'Scott's Best Questions'

(and it's the main reason I joined the forums),

I pray "you just set down your skateboard. How many wheels on that thing?" gets a solid placing somewhere in the teens.

• Like 7

Posting for your quarter-hourly reminder that Jim Gaffigan has a new TV show.

• Like 4

Whenever we get around to compiling the definitive list of 'Scott's Best Questions'

(and it's the main reason I joined the forums),

I pray "you just set down your skateboard. How many wheels on that thing?" gets a solid placing somewhere in the teens.

Scott's best question will always be : "How much money do you make?"

• Like 4

...There's tons of comedians I find endlessly funny (Pete Holmes, Andy Kindler, etc.)...

I finally found Andy Kindler's fan. :)

• Like 4

Pardo's a love or hate guy for sure. I like him as a podcast personality, but not particularly as a comedian. That might contradict my original statement but hey, Paul Brittain is back fuck yes

I guess I should stop holding my breath for Time Bobby 4 every week, huh?

Not a bad ep, Jimmy Pardo is okay.

What the hell was going on with Paul B. in this one? He seemed lost from start to finish.

• Like 4

Hey Nong Man,

Fresh CBB always envigorates my week :D/>

But...

I get it, NNF has a different rhythm from most podcasts for sure. Ep recommendations are kind of irrelevant now that the show is free, but pretty much all Scott's appearances over the years serve as great Pardo introductions since Jimmy's always at the top of his game when Scott's around. A personal fave is Episode 626, where WUHD was born.

I guess I should stop holding my breath for Time Bobby 4 every week, huh?

Not a bad ep, Jimmy Pardo is okay.

I'm the same waiting for the next U Talkin U2 To Me

• Like 5

these eps always make me feel like when my mother would force me to make friends with other boys i didn't know.

• Like 1

Wow. That was a battle. Two dud characters from one guy in one show. I can't believe I've come onto a thread slating Jimmy Pardo and saying Paul Brittain was great?! Did i hear a different show? It's a bad sign when Scott calls your character a boring waste of time on the show!

But I thought the Explosione family was an complete failure too, so maybe I just don't get the guy.

Jimmy and Scott did the best they could.

• Like 5

Hey Nong Man,

But...

same, can't stand Pardo at all.