Episode 102 - The Red Carpet at the Oscars (w/ Merrin Dungey, Colleen Smith, Shaun Diston, Nyima Funk)

5 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 5,223 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone for some tough love time on Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is actor Merrin Dungey of Conviction and HBO’s Big Little Lies! They chat about Merrin's last great meal (and who she was with and what they talked about), murderer sharks, and inevitably ending up at Cheesecake Factory. Paul is then joined by Colleen Smith, Shaun Diston, and Nyima Funk, to improvise a story set at The Red Carpet at the Oscars. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!
listen to scott aukerman on the latest ep of my podcast trends with benefits twb.cool

#2 Dan Engler

Ombudsman

• Administrators
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

So good! I'm glad that Shaun Diston—host of one of the all-time greatest WSGLL episodes—made it to SPONTANEANATION. I hope he becomes an Earwolf regular now that he's half-moved to Los Angeles.
Disclaimer: I am not an Earwolf employee. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Midroll Media LLC.

#3 Tellmeabouttheshark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

I need to know more about this murderer shark.

#4 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

View PostTellmeabouttheshark, on 06 March 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I need to know more about this murderer shark.

I hope they named it Bruce.

Great ep!

#5 Jon Onyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Great ep! really enjoyed Shaun Diston,

would love to see him appear again with Eugene Cordero, i feel like they have similar vibes

#6 StickyKeys

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

LOOOOVE this ep! I full on fell out at "it's a Little Women reference". Such great talent, the ladies killed it and Shaun was amazing. PFT is everthing always, that goes without saying. Great ep!