Episode 11 — Latin Attraction

5 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Yo, what up race cars! The Sklar Brothers leave the calming shores of Sklarbro Country to join Andrew Ti today to figure out if a white male being mostly attracted to latina women is racist. Leave us a voicemail with your questions about attraction at 323-389 RACE.

#2 Luke HENDERSON!

AKA Luke Henderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

I enjoy how oddly surprised Andrew sounded at the end, "So...that's not racist...somehow."

#3 Kristopher Mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

I am black, and fins Latinas to be what I have been attracted to since I was a teen. Not racist in the least.

#4 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

I'm white, and dated a Latino lady for a couple of years. Even in the dirty south it ws kosher. Is it racist that people want to give you street cred for dating a person of another race?
Me IRL

"My name is Bruce. I fuck with viruses. I pull potatahs from the earth with my bare man hands. My beanie and five o clock shadow make me look like a longshoreman. And I can chill harder than a motherfucker."

#5 Inthehallwaynow

the captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

another good one haha

#6 John John The Bastard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Hey Guys,

It's the guy who called in. A few points of clarification:

1.) My name is John, not Sean.

2.) I am currently dating a white lady hence the term "almost exclusively"

3.) The call was made outside of a bar, accounting for the noise. I had to make the call right away because I had been called racist for the exact thing I called in about.

4.) It may be a product of circumstance because I was born in Spanish Harlem, moved to Southern AZ, and then back to NYC in Alphabet City, so my exposure has been pretty consistent.

Thanks for taking my call and giving me some things to think about, I am not sure how many of your calls cause serious introspection on the behalf of the caller, but this one did.