🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
FuriousATG

Running log of recommendations

Hey guys,

I created an informal UserVoice page that will allow people to post movie suggestions and vote on existing ones. I think it might be a simple way to keep a running tally of the fans' preferences for movies they'd like to see HDTGM review. Feel free to upload your ideas and vote on existing ideas here:

http://hdtgmrequests.uservoice.com/forums/201664-what-movies-should-hdtgm-review-/filters/top

Hopefully this can turn into a useful tool!

I believe they're working on an official one for the site so it might be better just to wait for that. I don't know if Shannon is keeping tabs on it but if so maybe she can give us an update on the progress.

The biggest problem I see with this is people voting multiple times for the movie they want done.

Hey -

Well, depending on their progress, this might work as a stopgap (or, potentially, a replacement if the official solution is proving a paint o implement). The way UserVoice works is that users only have 10 votes that they can cast, and a maximum of 3 votes per movie, which should allay the concern about users voting over and over.

I just took a quick look at your site and didn't notice the limit on votes so that should be good. I definitely think it's fun to see which are the most popular movies, I would just like for them to do a movie based on the results which I don't think is very likely unless it's some kind of official poll.

Thanks for putting a poll up anyways, should be fun to see what the top vote getter is.

Yeah, I think ultimately it will depend on whether the UserVoice page gets traction / whether they get around to rolling out their own solution. If lots of people end up participating in the UserVoice page (and some movies get dozens/hundreds of votes) and it takes them a while for them to implement their own thing, maybe this fan-made solution will get some notice. Either way - I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

the only thing with uservoice is that it seems to allow about 10 votes per person after you sign up, register. 20 movies (in either/or choices) and we have about 900 bad movie recommendations.

Does that take a super long time before its narrowed down to 100?

Yeah, it does require a registration, unfortunately, although it seems like a relatively low-burden one.

I'm not sure I understand your point about narrowing down?

Hi! Thanks for your work! But we've already been working on a new voting system that should be ready to go in the next few weeks. We're really hoping that it will make things easier on everyone. But we don't want the fun discussions that happen here to go away, so please keep posting your suggestions.

Sounds good. I want to see which movies are the most popular but I really like debating the merits of the films. I've only been coming here a couple of months but it's really nice to be able to have discussions without people acting like little kids when you say something they don't like/agree with.

Oh I'm definitely going to keep spitting out recommendations for shitty/insane movies.

Yeah, it does require a registration, unfortunately, although it seems like a relatively low-burden one.

I'm not sure I understand your point about narrowing down?

It asks me to vote on 2 movies (which is better).

Thats 2.

There is about 1000 bad movie recommendations here.

So we have to vote 500 times?

And why do I have just 10 votes reserved?

Sign in to follow this