🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Law Abiding Citizen

I loved this nonironically loved this movie, and it's one of the rare times where a movie causes you to actually root for the bad guy to win. While movies like Reindeer Games and Ocean's 12 have plans that have to work so perfectly for them to work with no real explanation, this movie uses that same tool to near perfection. Gerard Butler was great in it and I could see the hosts having a field day talking about whether or not they agree with him.

The deaths were cool, outside of the murder robot which was a bit far fetched, and the only thing missing is an alternate ending where Gerard gets away with his plan.

i want them to review this movie so bad

i get the message of the movie is supposed to make us question the system, but it was so badly done

jaime foxx was clearly on autopilot in this movie

While there were parts that were a bit of a stretch, but otherwise there were points where it worked very well as far as Gerard's plan was concerned. And apparently Jamie Foxx had tried out for Gerard Butler's role but didn't get it, so is seems he phoned in his performance for the consolation role.

it had good themes, and i think in the hands of a more capable director it would have been a good movie. but the version we saw was decidedly meh

I have nothing to add to this discussion, other than this quote (from a guy who was mainly talking about "Saw" at the time):

If you were to ask me to name my favorite SAW movie I’d probably throw you a curveball and answer with LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. That really was a SAW knock-off designed for people who would never dream of watching a SAW flick. Just SAW spliced with THE PUNISHER. I’ve been saying for a year now it should have been titled SAW ABIDING PUNISHER.
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this