🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ill Neal

i have never played D&D before...

...but i am absolutely HOOKED on nerd poker.

it's not like i was doing more productive things as a child. god i spent so many hours playing (and strategizing about) trade wars 2002. legend of the red dragon? oh man i loved that shit! my friends loved that shit! i could tell you all a bunch of "sweet rememberances" about being in an escape pod post-ship destruction with zero turns, waiting for the hour to roll over to hopefully fly away to safety when you read

<an ether probe enters the sector>

<an ether probe leaves the sector>

fuck!!

<xanos enters the sector>

<xanos is powering up weapon systems!>

that's a little TW20002 in-joke. anyway, listening to nerd poker now has made me realize that i've missed out on a great opportunity. so what do i do about it now? i saw some comic book stores in my area have public games but... i'm a little skeptical about that. is anyone "active" in a local D&D community? what would i need if i wanted to just "find" a game? (hell while i'm at it, does anyone play in st louis? that would be really convenient...)

• Like 1

I've never played D&D either, but Nerd Poker and a few other podcasts piqued my interest enough that I decided to visit my local gaming shop recently. Upon arrival, I walked directly into the middle of a shouting match between two young Asian college students and what I can only describe as a 400lb version of Dave Grohl with a severe limp. They were arguing about the interior size of Doctor Who's Tardis. I left before things got violent.

Try MeetUp.com for a group, or these guys are 30mins from St. Louis and can probably help you locate some local players:

http://www.fantasyshoponline.com/

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this