🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RikkiHo

OMISSION: Stop or My Mom Will Shoot

One thing I found really strange in this movie besides the plot, characters, interactions, special effects, comedic timing, and use of Pepto was the EXTREME time lapses.

Perfect example: when Sylvester shows Estelle Getty his home for the first time, she comments on his messy closet and we immediately jump to his nightmare/butt offering. The rest of the movie follows suit, with anywhere between 6 and 18 hours lapsing between scenes with no set-up or explanation.

One of my favorite scenes that wasn't discussed was when Sylvester and his mom are driving back from the airport. Estelle's incessant chattering causes Sylvester to lose focus, and he almost crashes into a semi tractor-trailer. He screeches to a halt, asks something like "HEY WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM MORON???" and the driver responds with "UP YOURS!". Sylvester, either realizing he was in the wrong or already being out of jokes for the rest of the movie, just shakes his fist, grunting "UNH UNH!".

Classic.

• Like 1

I CAN'T believe you guys didn't mention or see this, but when Joey locks Tutti in the car, she starts using a police baton to hit the windshield.

She hits it with enough force that she actually does crack the windshield. You see her face suddenly look at the crack and then she says her line "Well that's not gonna work" when in truth, that was working GREAT hahaha

• Like 1

Apparently, one of the airline stewardesses was Julia-Louise Dreyfus.

BTW, this is all an excuse to show her in the first Troll movie, which should also be done (yes Troll 2 needs to be done, but Troll is nuts!)

I'm surprised that you didn't mention how the movie opens on a big sting operation- where only two cops are present, despite the danger and the value of the crime in progress. Then, as Sylvester drives home from the airport, there is a "calling all cars" over the radio which leads all available police cars in the Los Angeles Area to a jumper. Who or what is deciding where these cops need to go?

Sign in to follow this