🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
semiazas

Question about episodes with Weird Al

Hey everyone, I had a question about the episodes of the podcast that have Weird Al Yankovic in them.

I have kids, and they like listening to Weird Al, and I also think he's really funny. I want to let them listen to the episodes of the show that he's on, but only if it would be appropriate for them.

So, basically, my question is, in the Weird Al episodes, is there a lot of harsh language and/or "adult" content? I know that the show can get quite blue on occasion, but unfortunantely I don't have time to listen to every single episode beforhand to make sure they are appropriate.

Anyone that can help answer i would appreciate.

Off the top of my head, I would say that, while Al himself generally doesn't use R-rated language, he doesn't really seem averse to it, so I don't think that Scott and the other guests talked any differently than they normally would. If you don't have time to pre-listen yourself, you're probably better off not listening with kids.

I think in virtually all CBB episodes there's typically going to be at least one instance of somebody saying something you'd rather not have your kids hearing. Plus, all the episodes have an "explicit" tag next to them, so I think to be on the safe side just listen to them alone. CBB isn't really meant for kids anyway.

I love Weird Al too. I have kids too. I've heard all the episodes with Weird Al and I'm pretty sure none of them are kid friendly except MAYBE the first one? (the one with Paul Scheer).

Off the top of my head, I would say that, while Al himself generally doesn't use R-rated language, he doesn't really seem averse to it, so I don't think that Scott and the other guests talked any differently than they normally would. If you don't have time to pre-listen yourself, you're probably better off not listening with kids.

He seemed pretty shocked when Garfunkel & Oates did an R-rated version of his song, but he remained friendly about it.

Sign in to follow this