🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
smithcorp

Reverse second opinion

G'day all

I noticed you didn't run the second opinion segment for Fast 6, a movie you all loved. I thought it might be good to read out one-star reviews for second opinions for the films you don't have much bad to say about.

For instance, here's Tim Smith from Denver, a one-star review from Amazon:

If you have seen one of these, you have seen them all. The usual collection of meatheads creates filler scenes between unrealistic stunts. The film basically has team GI Joe versus team Cobra fighting over COBRA's weather dominator. Nobody is in jail. The dead rise from the grave. They spend about half the film trying to convince everyone how great Michelle Rodriguez is and how much we should care about her being back. Oddly enough, it was in many ways a better GI Joe Movie than the last GI Joe movie.

Vin Diesel just needs to go away. Dwayne Johnson is overexposed, always plays the same character in every film he does and is getting really annoying. They provided paychecks to lots of supporting actors for no particular reason. They seem to have brought back a couple just to show them how unimportant they are now that Michelle is back. But the films have proved that none of these people are important at all. Any of them can be killed or brought back at any time. They are just filler.

The post-credit scene is an i-don't-care moment. They fill us in on events nobody remembers from a film few liked. Then they roll out the new bum of the week for our loveable meatheads to crush next time. ....And this time its personal! Other things I didn't like were the lingering shots of certain actors, the stunts looking more silly than ever before. I keep thinking that they will do something interesting or come back to something more real. But I dont think it will ever happen now.

What do you think?

smith

What's fun about reading a scathing unfunny review of a movie though?

Sign in to follow this