πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
DieFledermaus

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)

I would love to see this movie covered. It is a full-fledged, full-force Good Time, or at least as good a time as one can have in a movie about murderous extraterrestrial clowns (that's a lot, FYI. I would approach it the way our Intrepid Hosts have approached the Crank movies: taking pleasure in the batshit silliness. Only here, it's 80s horror cheese rather than Neveldine and Taylor lunacy.

• Like 1

Another bump for this movie, though I actually think it might be too good for HDTGM. It's a deliberately bad movie that turned out to be a good movie. The Chiodo brothers commitment to the concept of clowns from outer space against all reason is what makes this movie great. The movie never stop to ask the question, "does this make sense?". Instead it crams as much clown themed insanity into the movie as possible. Vicious balloon animals? Check. Zombie hand puppets? Check. Cotton candy cocoons? Check. Prehistoric shadow puppets? Check? Deadly puppet show? Check. Evil popcorn? Check? Anyway, one of my favorite movies of all time and I'd love to hear the gang give their take on it.

• Like 1

This movie has 0 fat and delivers exactly what it promises: killer klowns from outer space.

Doesn't Jason have a fear of clowns (or am I just making stuff up)? I'd love to see his and June's reactions to this.