🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Joven

Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical

I've seen the rifftrax for the original Reefer Madness tons of times, so while this movie is pretty funny, the changes that are made tend to kinda get to me.

For starters, they recognized that the character of Jimmy is pretty pointless in the original, all he does is kinda show up occasionally and then get away with killing a guy. However, they rectified that by merging Jimmy and Bill Harper (the 2 squarest guys on earth together at last), and instead of just calling him Bill...they used Jimmy as the name. So the whole movie its like he's trying to get into his sister's pants.

Characters are also kinda ramped up to 11, even though where they were in the original was plenty stupid already (like we wouldn't get Sally and Ralph were weird creepy ass stoners without shoving it down our throats?) And the bits at the end when the whole web of weed filled woes starts to collapse is not quite as satisfying as the original.

That said, where this movie excels, for me, is the music (which is good, it being a musical and all.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-CN9lJvYo

A few more songs (wouldn't let me put them in the first post)

Sign in to follow this