🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
MarcusBroome

The Factory (2012)

So a pair of detectives, John Cusack and Jennifer Carpenter, are hunting a seasonal serial killer played by 'The Walking Dead's' Dallas Roberts.

Roberts' convincing role as the Winter Serial Killer was wasted by a script that started out strong and at first you think why straight to DVD? Then began the march of too many improbabilities and I was thinking they could pull this off. Then I remembered, straight to DVD and bam an unnecessary dramatic twist that M. Night would've been proud of or sick of... I'm not sure. The ending is predictable and yet still BONKERS. An ending that begs you to ask why? Why this way? They could've gone a hundred different ways with this. And the twist isn't even feasible!

Enjoy everybody.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132285/combined

The only thing I remember about this film is it being intensely boring and poorly paced and multiple things wrong with the twist at the end...

I dunno that there is a good HDTGM here except for the reveal in the last 15 minutes...

Edit: I kinda feel like the film assumes you fell to sleep in the first 10 minutes and woke to watch the last 10 and just accept that it makes sense. Pitch: "NOBODY is going to make it through this film to nitpick this ending!"