🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Worldfamous

Divergent

You know how when you see a great comedy and you want to remember all of the funny parts, but you have a hard time remembering any because there are so many. Well that's how I felt about this movie. There were so many HDTGM moments I would need to go back with a notebook to get them all down. Just their fighting stance alone is worthy of an entire episode.

I kinda liked this. It's not great, but it wasn't exactly The Host, either. Shailene Woodley definitely carries the whole thing.

I know this is an old thread, but I dont care! This movie absolutely deserves its own episode of HDTGM! I watched it last weekend, and the OP's description is spot on. Paul, Jason, June, make it happen!

I will say I laughed every time the Dauntless kids came on screen, because the entire faction seemed to be based on jumping off or onto things while pumping their fists in the air.

• Like 1

Just watched this tonight. I really don't think it's dumb or weird enough to warrant an ep, when there's so much dumber and weirder to explore. It's bland and hits every plot point in a rote way to achieve its young adult action movie end. Nothing terribly interesting.

Though the idea of the 5 factions is hilarious. "You're either brave, kind, selfless, smart, or honest. So Dauntless are the most selfish, idiotic, lying assholes on the planet, but goddamn if they're not willing to jump off things."

Also, the lampshading of the bad guys repeatedly telling Shailene Woodley that she wouldn't shoot them because she's a good person or whatever was legit great.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this