🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

The 1995 film that Jack Frost completely ripped off but exchanged the dog for a snowman.

It would be worth it just to see June's reaction to another zombie-esque dad movie.

Also see Samuel L. Jackson as an anthropomorphized St. Bernard named Rumbo.

I think I saw this as a kid. How screwed up is it that this actually has plot points about a dog planning to kill the man he thinks caused his death while he was human? Who thought that stuff was good for a kids' movie?

I also watched this movie as a kid, and unfortunately just rewatched it to see how truly horrible it was.

I remember it being jarring and morbid, and the tombstone scene explains a recurring nightmare I had as a child.

I agree the plot point of the dog dad planning to murder his killer was pretty messed up for a children's movie. And what about the dynamic of dog dad becoming the family pet of his bereaved family?

Not to mention the Samuel L. Jackson dog being shot and coming back as a squirrel, then trying to explain reincarnation to Fluke and the child audience.

I'm wondering how much of the $15 million budget went to convincing Samuel L. Jackson to lend his voice to this abomination.

All I remember about this movie was the scene where dog-dad tried to hide the kid's Star Trek figures, and me later begging my parents for Star Trek figures later.

Fluke is also one of three movies that ruined Matthew Modine's movie career in 1995, the first being Bye Bye Love and last one being Cutthroat Island.

I worked at a video store in 1995 and saw this on the shelf but I never watched it, Jesus I might have to, this sounds nuts