🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Teacher Hands

I saw something new the last time I watched Honey, I shrunk the kids

Being a fan of this movie since I was a kid, I didn't think there was anything about it I hadn't already seen or understood. However, when I watched it on Netflix recently, I saw two things that I had never noticed before. The first is that the police are terrible. They literally ignore and dismiss the bizarre disappearance of 4 neighborhood kids and the insane behavior of their parents.

The second is, well, maybe I've spent too much time analyzing it, but here is the final product of my over active brain:

http://imgur.com/a/rNrMO?gallery

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

Nice observations about a classic!

I think that arc is more about acceptance and tolerance rather than actually having anything to do with smoking. What else could they choose that was a vice? drinking, i suppose, but i dont feel like the move was supporting or advocating cigarettes nearly as much as saying "Hey stop arguing and resenting each other about those petty irritations (such as a smoking habit) and be thankful that you have a family." everyone has their coping mechanisms.

The Dad prob realized he doesn't need to smoke and that he shouldn't worry so much about his son not becoming the apple of his eye, but rather let his son find his own path.

Sign in to follow this