🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
katexmachina

hey you fuckers

I thought the first time that I'd heard about U2 was when the Simpsons episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" aired when I was 6 years old, and my parents told me that the Be Sharps' rooftop concert was a reference to U2, but I just looked it up and it turns out that was actually a Beatles reference?

Bono did give a speech at my college though and he referred to Americans as "the people who said, 'There's the moon, let's take a fucking walk on it!'"

I thought the first time that I'd heard about U2 was when the Simpsons episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" aired when I was 6 years old, and my parents told me that the Be Sharps' rooftop concert was a reference to U2, but I just looked it up and it turns out that was actually a Beatles reference?

Pretty much everything in that episode is a Beatles reference.

So maybe the first time you heard about U2 was when you saw the Simpsons episode "Trash of the Titans".

She could be forgiven for thinking it was a reference to that U2 video for "Where The Streets Have No Name" where they play on the roof...I guess.

It's a move they stole from the Beatles...we're stealing it back

• Like 1

It's a move they stole from the Beatles...we're stealing it back

Did they discuss that on the Rattle & Hum episode? Makes me laugh every time. If I had a band, I would want to do a cover of Helter Skelter just so I could intro it by saying "This is a song U2 stole from Charles Manson, so we're stealing it back."

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this