🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1507 - Joe DeRosa

Favorite band Bad Religion?

A man after my own heart.

When he said "Roxy & Elsewhere" was the best Zappa album, I immediately liked this guy. It really is the essential Frank Zappa album to own, you understand? The band is top notch. And its a great mix of the zany, the rock, and the jazz fusion.

• Like 2

When he said "Roxy & Elsewhere" was the best Zappa album, I immediately liked this guy. It really is the essential Frank Zappa album to own, you understand? The band is top notch. And its a great mix of the zany, the rock, and the jazz fusion.

I'd go with One Size Fits All but It's splitting hairs. I cannot wait until the film is on DVD.

I was equally pumped when he said this- to me, of any Zappa album, Roxy and Elsewhere is appealing on the broadest of levels (though I do have a special place in my heart for One Size... Inca Roads, Sofa, and Andy are flawless). I saw Dweezil do Roxy in Milwaukee about a year ago, and it was flawless.

As far as the DVD, I've been hearing about it for years. If you ever visit a Zappa discussion board, there is a lot of vitriol about Gail and the fact that it's not out yet. Internet commenters are the worst. Present company excluded.

• Like 1

Hearing the talk about Jerry Reed, Dom Delouise, and the movie Fatso, I was hoping they'd bring up the rousing comedy Hot Stuff with both these guys, plus Suzanne Pleshette. Also, I can't think of any other podcast that would make my wife wonder why I'm screaming "It's James Coco!!!!" at my phone.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this