🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 162 — Best Of Music

Happy Thanksgiving and welcome to the improv4humans with Matt Besser best of music show! Listen to incredible musicians David Bazan, Ben Lee, Hallelujah the Hills, Chris Farren, Austin Lucas, Joey Cape, Drag the River, and Cory Branan play their best songs as inspiration for improvised scenes featuring an amazing roster of the greatest improvisers in the universe including Lauren Lapkus, John Gemberling, Michael Delaney, Will Hines, Seth Morris, Drew Spears, Joel Spence, Sean Conroy, Eugene Cordero, Pamela Murphy, Danielle Schneider, Colton Dunn, Jeff Hiller, Jon Gabrus, Mike Still, Tim Meadows, Horatio Sanz, Brian Huskey, Alex Fernie, and Gil Ozeri. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and support these great musicians by buying their albums!

Love this idea for an episode. The music from this show is very meaningful to me. Thanks Besser and engineer Cody Brett for delivering the goods. There hasn’t been a song I didn’t like hearing from this show.

• Like 1

I4H has really nailed it with the musical guests, this is a cool episode idea. I was initially miffed that there wasn't a new episode and then I listened to it. Matt Besser has a really wonderful and eclectic taste in music.

• Like 1

Yes! The "Musicians vs. Comedians" and "Hours of Madness" sketches are two of my favorites from this year! So great!

• Like 1

This was the best. I still owe this show a world of thanks for introducing me to David Bazan. I've since bought all of his records and the Headphones stuff as well.

On the topic of musical episodes I still would like a return to the episode with Dragoon and Sean Conroy where the guests just sort of brought something musical to the table whether they were musicians or not. It was fun having Conroy get everyone involved in an Irish drinking song.

• Like 1

"Oh. Oh. You know."

I love Chris Farren doing "I drew you once in art class" live in studio. It sounds like Neutral Milk Hotel playing "The Sweater Song." Long live live music on Improv4Humans!

Farren has a new Christmas album out on iTunes, and did'ja know that his band, Antarctigo Vespucci, put out a song called "I'm giving up on U2"? I'll never give up on Scott and Scott's U Talkin U2 to Me podcast on Earwolf.

10850246_748353668592624_3524599266316570990_n.jpg?oh=dbabc538543e07efd3aefe9b4c01197f&oe=5517F7C9&__gda__=1426941809_b7f41f77177948d16a7b3ab466a58e20

Just re-listened to this episode. Cheers to all of the musicians but most especially Brett's engineering. You did/do such an incredible job, particularly considering the confined space you're working with. Viva I4H!

Sign in to follow this