🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
PaulHarnden

Monsters (2010)

Found this gem in Netflix and boy let me tell you, this film will not disappoint when it comes to dry, pointless storytelling while you wait for the monsters to show up.

Found this gem in Netflix and boy let me tell you, this film will not disappoint when it comes to dry, pointless storytelling while you wait for the monsters to show up.

I thought the creature stuff was good, but holy shit was it boring when we were just left with the two leads (although I like Scoot McNairy in a lot of things), and what became a love story because there's a guy in the movie, there's a girl in the movie, and what the fuck else are they going to do...

i enjoyed monsters. when you look at the budget you can see how the director got the godzilla job (now that was a boring film). monsters was abit slow moving but i guess that was a reflection of the budget. there is a sequel coming out soon .. looks like they spent abit more on it

i enjoyed monsters. when you look at the budget you can see how the director got the godzilla job (now that was a boring film). monsters was abit slow moving but i guess that was a reflection of the budget. there is a sequel coming out soon .. looks like they spent abit more on it

I get the low budget thing, and this does fine and looks great considering what they had to work with, but this didn't have compelling characters that I cared about, and that's more the fault of the writing, because it doesn't cost a thing to have those in your movie.

Sign in to follow this