🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This movie is bad... so bad it's entertaining!!

Bruce Willis, Emily Lloyd, and everyone else in this movie have one thing in common; horrendous southern accents.

There are no clear character arc's, irrelevant and crazy side stories, and Bruce Willis might be in this movie for a third of the 2 hour long trainwreck that is 'In Country'.

In 1989, the Golden Globes were interested in two things; laughably inconsistent accents and bonkers head and facial hair. Or at least they must have been to nominate ol' BW for best supporting actor!

There's only one thing that's clear... Emily Lloyd's character "feels like runnin'!" Oh ya, she's also sopping wet for emotionally distraught Vietnam War vets.

It's well worth the HDTGM scrutiny!!

I don't see how an awards-bait Vietnam War drama from Norman Jewison really seems like the type of movie that HDTGM would cover, no matter how bad it is. I think the filmmakers had good intentions here. They probably were trying to make something good, even if they failed at it. Plus, the subject of Vietnam is sort of weighty for HDTGM, don't you think? It would be like them doing an episode on a Holocaust drama.

I just don't see how doing a podcast on this movie would be any fun, at all.

Sorry man, but In Country is somewhere around the 70 percent range on Rotten Tomatoes, definitely not gonna happen.