🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I thought of this while listening to "The Color of Night" episode. The basic plot involves a guy following his seemingly mild-mannered co-worker (Kathleen Turner) one night, discovering that she moonlights as a prostitute called "China Blue". Also that China is being stalked by a bat-shit insane street preacher (Anthony Perkins), who wants to "save her soul" by stabbing her to death with a sharpened dildo. Ya' know, that old trope. And that's just the beginning. Auteur Ken Russell directs, adding his bizarre touch to this sleazy erotic thriller, which actually makes it way more watchable than it otherwise would've been. And it's chock full of next level bonkers dialogue that you will quote forever. This could make for a mind-blowing episode.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087100/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_35

500full.jpg

crimes-of-passion-8.png

crimesofpassion.jpg

Kathleen Turner at the peak of her hotness, Anthony Perkins in between Psycho sequels, what more could you ask?

I can't believe I've never seen this! I'll have to rectify that immediately. This is back when studios would still fund Ken Russell's occult obsessions and general weirdness. He managed to make some really interesting, bizarre films in the eighties -- Gothic and Lair of the White Worm are pretty out there and entertaining. White Worm would be perfect for HDTGM as well.

These days Russell mostly does super cheap SOV cap, I'm not even sure they're movies in the traditional sense, more like magick rituals or something. Too much acid and Huxley, probably.

Sign in to follow this