🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lando

Cut Bank (2014)

So I want to say that I didn't think this was a bad movie, but I did think it was a kind of insane movie and would be fun to discuss.

Liam Hemsworth just so happens to be filming his girlfriend practicing her "Miss Cut Bank" speech in an open field when he catches the murder of a local mailman (played by Bruce Dern) on camera. Billy Bob Thornton plays his girfriend's father, John Malkovich is the town sheriff and Oliver Platt is a postal inspector from DC.

Things are not what they seem and what looks like a fairly standard indie murder mystery takes an utterly bizarre turn with the character of Derby Milton (played by the guy who was Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire) trying to get back his p-p-p-parcel.

He is a very very thinly veiled MILTON FROM OFFICE SPACE, except that he is into taxidermy and has some sort elite special forces level fighting ability. He goes on a killing rampage in order to get at his "parcel." It gets even weirder when Malkovich illegally searches through Milton's house to find a room where he has a side hobby of human taxidermy.

All in all I enjoyed this movie for its insanity, and that crazy turn saved it from being a predictable run of the mill indie film.

Sign in to follow this