🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
KrangkaDelic

Once, off the hump of Brazil I saw the ocean so darkened with blood it was black, and the sun fading away over the lip at the sky - we had put in at F

Once, off the hump of Brazil I saw the ocean so darkened with blood it was black, and the sun fading away over the lip at the sky - we had put in at Fortaleza, a few of us had lines out for a bit of idle fishing; it was me who had the first strike - a catchphrase it was, then another and another still 'till all around the sea was made of catchphrases, and more catchphrases still, and no water at all. My catchphrase had torn itself on the hook and the scent or maybe the stain it was of him bleedin' his life away drove the rest of them mad. Then the catchphrase-beasts took to eating themselves - in their frenzy they ate at themselves, you could feel the lust and murder like a wind stinging your eye: I never saw anything worse - until this little catchphrase picnic here tonight. And do you know, there wasn't one of them catchphrases in that whole crazy pack that survived.

Sign in to follow this