🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nthurkettle

The Echelon Conspiracy

I think the reason this probably hasn't been proposed yet is that basically nobody even heard about it - but I swear it was actually in movie theaters in 2009; my girlfriend and I went to the theater and there was nothing else we wanted to see and we hadn't heard anything about this so we went.

It's almost exactly the same plot as "Eagle Eye", which was out around the same time - in that a rogue A.I. is manipulating people using TECHNOLOGY (June will LOVE this). Only in this case, an IT guy receives a magical new cell phone that text alerts him to not board a plane that ends up crashing, then helps him win a fortune at slot machines. Then there's a whole lot of chasing and bullsh*t and Russians and actors cashing B-movie checks (Ed Burns! Ving Rhames! Martin Sheen!) Jonathan Pryce shows up and delivers this monologue about falconry that is Christopher Walken-level demented. And then the hero saves the world with his belt. For serious.

Also, there's a hilarious coda scene where we learn that the RUSSIANS were the heroes all along - somberly hoping we Americans can be steered towards peace and goodness!

It even achieved the rare and coveted 0% Rotten Tomatoes rating: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_Conspiracy

Sign in to follow this