🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Shannon

Episode 33 - Animal House vs. Revenge of the Nerds

It’s snobs vs. slobs as Devin & Amy put two college comedies against each other: National Lampoon’s Animal House vs. Revenge of the Nerds. Would there be a Revenge of the Nerds without Animal House? Does Poindexter give Bluto a run for his money in the physical comedy department? Do the bad guys in both films deserve what they get in the end? Tune in to hear which movie will stand the test of time as being the better frat comedy -- and head to the forums on Wolfpop to cast the deciding vote!

I found this episode incredibly interesting. The debate was compelling and passionate, but as much as I respect Amy's perspective most of the time, I have never disagreed with her more than in this episode. 

I'm sorry Amy, but Devin is 100% correct in his assessment of Animal House as well as his damnation of the "ugly" Revenge of the Nerds. 

I realize you had this debate back in 2015, but maybe it's a good time to revisit Revenge of the Nerds (in thought... because who the hell wants to sit through that piece of garbage once again?), and I offer here an interesting piece called The Revenge of the Nerds Enters the Brett Kavanagh Culture, which appeared in the New Yorker.

Do Texans respect what's written in The New Yorker?

The link, in case it's needed: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/revenge-of-the-nerds-enters-the-brett-kavanaugh-culture-warRevenge of the Nerds Enters the Brett Kavanaugh Culture

Cheers!

Atticus

Sign in to follow this