🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
UncleCharlie

The January Man (1989)

It must be good, right? It's written by John Patrick Shanley ("Doubt", "Moonstruck" - but also "Congo") and stars the likes of Kevin Kline, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Susan Sarandon, Alan Rickman and Harvey Keitel. But it's a complete farago of a film - a serial killer/rogue cop set-up with a massive slice of whimsy and sheer lunacy added - I won't spoil the rationale for the killer's identification of his victims but I'll just say it relates to the musical notation of Neil Sedaka's "Calendar Girl".

The movie also includes one of those insane late-career performances from Rod Steiger, who is wearing a toupee that I'm sure what give June a LOT of pleasure. This is just a taste, which if these 4 minutes do not convince you that this film is worth covering on the podcast, then nothing will:

• Like 2

The film is also notable for when Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio met and fell in love with its director Pat O'Connor, and they have been together ever since.

This and CHUD are the two i would love to have them do. This movie SHOULD have been good and I think they would have a field day with it. 

Sign in to follow this