🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
IRONicmerMAN

Empires of the Deep (TBD)

I'm just going to leave this here. I don't know when/if this will grace our screens, but I really, really hope so. It sounds epic...Chinese billionaire putting up $130 million for film to rival Avatar, mermaids, Greek mythology, budgetary problems. Sounds like a recipe for...something.

Trailer:

https://read.atavist.com/sunk

"The script called for an epic battle. In the movie’s third act, the forces of the Eight Faery Kingdoms defend their aquatic empires from annihilation by the evil Demon Mage and his spectral legions. Five hundred extras would play the opposing armies."

https://en.wikipedia...res_of_the_Deep

"As of July 2016, the film remains unreleased, going through 4 directors, 10 scriptwriters and with many of the acting, production and technical crews still unpaid."

empires-of-the-deep-large-picture.jpg

Oh good, the director who gave us Catwoman is/was the director of this piece of shit.

Oh good, the director who gave us Catwoman is/was the director of this piece of shit.

Was the director of this piece of shit. I think they're on director four now.

I skimmed the Atavist article; wow, what a clusterfuck. I'll be surprised if it makes a theatrical release, but don't they have to eventually put the film out there, if only so it can be written off for taxes?

I skimmed the Atavist article; wow, what a clusterfuck. I'll be surprised if it makes a theatrical release, but don't they have to eventually put the film out there, if only so it can be written off for taxes?

Good question. When it comes to China, who the hell knows? I read the article all the way through and was blown away at how big of a dumpster fire it became. Seriously, how did they land someone from a James Bond film? Hopefully she demanded money up front.

Good question. When it comes to China, who the hell knows? I read the article all the way through and was blown away at how big of a dumpster fire it became. Seriously, how did they land someone from a James Bond film? Hopefully she demanded money up front.

To be fair I think Olga Kurylenko took the role since she isn't the biggest star yet, so to be offered the lead role in what appeared to be a huge movie made in the fastest growing movie market in the world seems like a slam dunk. It's sort of like how many actors take roles in slasher movies thinking it will lead to bigger roles, though 90% of the time it just leads to more bit parts. As for writing it off for taxes, I don't know what the country's policy is, though I assume it's pretty good as there have been a growing number of big budget movies filming there or at least parts of it, I don't know if it's as big Germany where the tax bonuses are huge, especially if the movie is a failure. If you want examples of how that works, just look at Uwe Boll's career as that's how he is able to keep making his shitty movies.