🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ArlenAHarrow

Female Coming of Age - Whip It

So I've been watching some of the movies I skipped because life and stuff. But i wanted to add something to the list of female Coming of age movies. So I suggest Drew Barrymores Whip It. Not a great movie or a movie most people talk about. But it's directed by a woman, about a young woman.

I almost suggested this the other day but it's been awhile since I've seen it. I remember liking it. I feel like it's overdue for a rewatch.

It's been a couple of years since I have last saw it, but I really love this movie. Would be a great choice, lots to talk about. Thanks for reminding me of this movie, I think I'll find my DVD of it and watch it tomorrow!

I like the movie but agree it's not great. I do wish there were more like it to choose from (but alas, Hollywood)... at least the hosts are taking a vague step in that direction next week with Labyrinth (not by a woman, but a girl's coming of age tale that was actually formative for a generation of girls).

any Slums of Beverly Hills fans here?

I like it but not as much as But I'm A Cheerleader!, which seems to be an underrated film. Both are written and directed by women.

I just watched 'But I'm A Cheerleader!' at my friend Kaylee's annual LGBTQ movie night, and I had never heard of it, but I'm so glad that I watched it. It's so weird. It doesn't have anything to do with Female Coming of Age films, but it reminded me of how I felt after watching Michael Cuesta's 'L.I.E.', only a much warmer and more positive feeling.

If Pennies From Heaven get's into The Canon, I'm suggesting D.E.B.S.

Sign in to follow this