🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Inkheart (2007)

I actually love the premise of this movie, which makes the end result all the more disappointing. I know that Brendan Fraser has a fairly decent amount of bad movies warranting podcasts. But for me this one sticks out just because it felt like it had potential to be alot better than it ended up. And also making fun of Dudley-Do-Right, or George of the Jungle just seems like low hanging fruit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsV2Z_il_L4

Really think this is a solid pick. Its watchable despite being absolute nonsense and has a great cast of actors who are all chewing scenery at a level thats almost startling. Broadbent, Mirren and Serkis go so broad its almost like they are all in their own seperate movie from Brendan Fraser.

But by far my favorite part of the movie has to be the fact that Brendan Fraser's character was clearly supposed to have a british accent but apparently he wasnt pulling it off to a point where I think they just said fuck it and told him to speak in his natural accent.

Because his daughter named Meggie (not Maggie) has an english accent even though she was raised solely by him after his wife was absorbed by a novel and he had to raise his child by himself. And he frequently refers to his wife as "mum" to his daughter despite the fact that he sounds like a fucking lunatic doing so.

Sign in to follow this