🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
RobertBoberts

The Conformist

Bernardo Bertolucci directed it but my love for this movie mostly stems from the amazing cinematography by Vittorio Storaro, who also has a canon entry from his work on Apocalypse Now. Just do a google image search for the Conformist if you have not yet seen this movie. Every shot is so well composed and beautiful.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=the+conformist&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw95_lgffOAhUKkx4KHZp7AUAQ_AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=460

• Like 1

It's also streaming on Netflix, which feels random, but whatever. Anyway, yeah. It's a great film. Definitely check it out, if you haven't.

Yes! One of my favorites as well. Other people have already mentioned the amazing cinematography by Vittorio Storaro, but I want to mention the story as well. I think it's one of the best films to explore the nature of fascism and other ideologies like that. By focusing on a man who just wants to belong to something, regardless of how twisted that ideology is, it really drives home the idea behind the banality of evil, so to speak. I think that makes the film worthy of discussion for the Canon.

• Like 1