🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
frankpulaski

Professor Blastoff Show topic suggestion "Coincidence"

Aloha, I would like to suggest the topic of Coincidence. What is a coincidence? Is it random or divine? Do coincidences mean anything? Is it religious or metaphysical?
From Wikipedia:
"A coincidence is an event notable for its occurring in conjunction with other conditions, e.g. another event. As such, a coincidence occurs when something uncanny, accidental and unexpected happens under conditions named, but not under a defined relationship. When there are no conditions named, the event is just that single entity."
Here is clip from "Repo Man", Miller explains the lattice of coincidence and the cosmic unconsciousness. Plate-O-Shrimp.

Quotes:
"In the magical universe there are no coincidences and there are no accidents. Nothing happens unless someone wills it to happen."
William S. Burroughs
"According to Vedanta, there are only two symptoms of enlightenment.......The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities. And this accelerates to the point where you actually experience the miraculous." -Deepak Chopra
"Live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and you connect with the field of infinate possibilities." -Deepak Chopra
"Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous." -Albert Einstein
"Coincidences are spiritual puns." -G.K. Chesterton
"As soon as we notice that certain types of events ‘like’ to cluster together at certain times, we begin to understand the Chinese, whose theories of medicine, philosophy, and even building are based on a ‘science’ of meaningful coincidences." -Marie Louise von Franz
"There is no such thing as chance; and what seems to us mere accident springs form the deepest source of destiny." -Friedrich Schiller
"Every individual decision is nothing but coincidence, every artistic decision is coincidence." -Alva Noto
"Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys." -Emma Bull
"I don't believe in coincidence." -Juliette Binoche

Thanks Professor Blastoff! I love the show! Aloha!

Sign in to follow this