🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Trujillo

Wild Wild West (1999)

Wild Wild West is perfect for the HDTGM treatment. There's absolutely no chemistry between Smith and Kline. It seems like they weren't even in the same room. There are so many attempted jokes that only make you choose between sighing, groaning or sobbing. This movie also has sound effects you would expect out of a children's toy, not a blockbuster comedy(?). Wild Wild West received a 21% on RT, but I'm 100% that this movie is going to make Jason furious.

It's up on netflix instant, but here's the trailer:

And here's some gems from it's imdb trivia page:

"The film underwent costly re-shoots in an attempt to inject some humor after it was found that test audiences weren't sure if it was supposed to be a comedy.

"At an official $150 million (unofficial $180 million) it stands as the most expensive movie produced by Warner Bros. and the most expensive movie released in 1999.

"Will Smith turned down the lead role in The Matrix to star in this movie, being a fan of the television series. He later said this was the worst decision he made in his career.

"When this film swept the 20th Annual Razzie Awards, 'winning' 5 statuettes including Worst Picture,.Robert Conrad, who played James West in the original 1960s TV series, accepted three of the awards in person as his way of expressing his low opinion of what had been done with his source material.

"Will Smith said that he knew the movie wasn't any good and he was embarrassed when it earned almost $50 million in its opening weekend. Years later, Smith apologized publicly to Robert Conrad

This movie is terrible. But, I must admit, I really miss the days when Will Smith would release rap songs with the same titles as the films he was in (including this one.)

Yeah, he should make up for lost time. The club scene is ripe for "The Pursuit of Happyness ft. Kool Mo Dee."

This movie has an all star cast, a premise including a legless man that rides a mechanical taranchula, Selma Hayek's boobs, and a 21% on the Tomato Meter. I tried to add all of the things about this movie that are ridiculous in the first sentence, but it's nearly impossible to mention all of the off time-period behaviors as well as terrible graphics, stunts, and cross dressing men. Please Paul, Jason and June, Bless the internet with what you think of Wild Wild West (1999)

Sign in to follow this