🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
IRONicmerMAN

Wolves of Wall Street (2002)

No, dumb dumb, not The Wolf of Wall Street. https://www.wikiwand..._of_Wall_Street

It's on the YouTube.

I think you'd call this a review. Either way, it's an amazing synopsis of this garbage bag of a movie.

David DeCoteau's homoerotic horror picture features a literal pack of studly young men out to make a killing in finance… and elsewhere.

Small town boy Jeff Allen (William Gregory Lee) comes to New York with big dreams of being a hotshot Wall Street broker, but he can't get his foot in the door until friendly bartender Annabella (Elisa Donovan) recommends him to alpha financial predator Dyson Keller (Eric Roberts) of Wolfe and Associates. Keller takes him on as an apprentice. Jeff is thrilled, but the culture at Wolfe starts to get to him. The sleek, handsome young brokers are all ruthless, hedonistic and slavishly devoted to Keller. They refer to themselves as a pack, snack on steak tartare and spend their nights prowling for girls together. Jeff has more conventional ambitions: He just wants to make some money and build a life with Annabella. But after a wild night out with his coworkers -- a night he can't entirely remember -- something changes deep inside Jeff; he feels a wildness he doesn't recognize and isn't sure he can control. The deep dark secret of Wolfe's is out: They're werewolves, and now that they've let Jeff into their little club, they're not about to let him out.

Like all DeCoteau's Rapid Heart features, this film's raison d'etre is shots of well-built young men stripped to their underwear and feigning interest in girls. The story is minimal, there are no werewolf transformations and there's no sex, unless you count the sequences in which Wolfe's finest rip off their own t-shirts and swarm hard-bodied girls in tight dresses. All tease, no payoff.

God dammit. I posted this under the HDTGM forum instead of recommendations. Is there a way to move it? Could a moderator please do it for me?

I apologize, and will now commit seppuku. Arigato.

Update: thank you, moderator.