🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Pete

Anaconda

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaconda_(film)

You know, with Jon Voigt, Ice Cube, J. Lo..?
I'm not totally convinced the makers of this film were entirely unaware of its awfulness (and I'm assuming you guys are shying away from "self-aware" or tongue-in-cheek bad movies). But Anaconda is sort of in a class of its own.
I think its cult reception spawned a whole generation of big budget, ridiculous, bad dialogue movies like Deep Blue Sea (2 years later), Snakes on a Plane (turned down by 30+ studios in the mid 90s, but greenlighted in '99 after Anaconda), and probably even influencing recent stuff like Pirhana 3D. I'm sure if Anaconda hadn't been made, we would still have over the top disaster movies, but Anaconda was the perfect mix of famous actors and slick effects contrasted with unbelievable characters like Voigt's, crazy story writing, and tons of one liners and ridiculous action sequences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaconda_(film)

You know, with Jon Voigt, Ice Cube, J. Lo..?
I'm not totally convinced the makers of this film were entirely unaware of its awfulness (and I'm assuming you guys are shying away from "self-aware" or tongue-in-cheek bad movies). But Anaconda is sort of in a class of its own.
I think its cult reception spawned a whole generation of big budget, ridiculous, bad dialogue movies like Deep Blue Sea (2 years later), Snakes on a Plane (turned down by 30+ studios in the mid 90s, but greenlighted in '99 after Anaconda), and probably even influencing recent stuff like Pirhana 3D. I'm sure if Anaconda hadn't been made, we would still have over the top disaster movies, but Anaconda was the perfect mix of famous actors and slick effects contrasted with unbelievable characters like Voigt's, crazy story writing, and tons of one liners and ridiculous action sequences.

This film popped into my head as a suggestion, so *bump*

Sign in to follow this