🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
faye-raye

The Love Witch (2016)

I get what they were going for, but movies from the time period they're attempting to recreate are unwatchable to me to put it very mildly. I'm sure this movie earned every accolade for faithfully recreating a movie from the era, but I know for me personally, I would fucking hate this movie.

• Like 1

I get what they were going for, but movies from the time period they're attempting to recreate are unwatchable to me to put it very mildly. I'm sure this movie earned every accolade for faithfully recreating a movie from the era, but I know for me personally, I would fucking hate this movie.

that's the thing. the director said she it's not a "recreation" or parody of anything. it's its own movie.

I get that it is its own movie, but the way its filmed and written is clearly attempting to replicate films from the 60's. And its just me personally, but I really cant watch movies from before the 70's.

here's kermnode discussing it. it's an interesting thing to happen when the director disagrees with reviews for a good movie. i wonder if the reviewers could go back back and watch it for the first time as she intended would they have liked it as much .. or more .. guess we'll never know. i must try to watch it sometime

I love campy Hammer Horror films so I really wanted to like this as itr seemed in the same vein but it just was too weird. I felt the director had a message but went about getting it across in a very strange way. If it wasn't a spoof or a parody of 1970s horror flicks then what was it, and it was so long.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this