🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
xoValeriexo

Look in the imdb forums too.

I love when you guys get second opinions and I just have to say that some things written on the imdb message boards are amazing. It's especially exciting when someone wants something explained to them about the movie that's really basic, but that happens more with movies that are at least somewhat more complicated than most of the crazies you choose. But here are some examples of fun things written on imdb:

About Catwoman:

It's not trash, it's very good -- ss336

Compared to most Hollywood movies this one's a fairly typical big-budget family entertainment type. There are so many AWFUL movies out there but look at what this one has:
1) many humorous moments (for everyone)
2) love themes (for the girls)
3) CGI and stuntman wizardry
4) social commentary (wickedness of unbridled greed and vanity etc)
5) vague allusion to classical themes (Egypt) and animal archetypes; the occult

If you think this movie is 'awful' you haven't seen some of the movies I comment on. I find Halle Berry's character charming in her fallibility and self-doubt - as the heroine who has to be reminded how awesome she is, etc. She is more human as a feline chimaera than most female leads in Hollywood movies. Think about it.

About Gigli:

People who think this movie is HORRIBLE are sheep -- drjsway

They are people with no opinions of their own and follow the crowd.

The problem with the movie is that it's an art house film made by a big studio, had a big budget, and marketed to mainstream audiences. If it were directed by Jim Jarmusch and starred art house actors, no one would have a problem with it.

• Like 1