🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sweetlife

The Village (2004)

M. Night Shyamalan...

I looked and didn't see this posted yet, which was a surprise, my apologies if I missed it. 

This is the one that killed Shyamalan for me. I was so angry about it. Watching this, about 20 minutes in I think, okay their seeing this up to be something, but that can't possibly be what's going on. It better not be how this goes, there will be a twist... No twist! The twist us exctly what it seemed to be, which was garbage and infuriating. How did anyone think this was a good movie? Everything is went with this movie. I want to laugh as it's ripped apart. Please. 

Considering the three movies that follow up this one (Lady in the Water, The Happening, The Last Airbender), I think people might be a bit more forgiving of The Village.

Yeah, I think The Happening is actually the most laughable. Mark walberg as a teacher? Killer trees? That’s classic hdtgm material.

1 hour ago, TrueBrapKino said:

Yeah, I think The Happening is actually the most laughable. Mark walberg as a teacher? Killer trees? That’s classic hdtgm material.

An actual scene where Marky Mark holds up his kids after class just to say "nevermind."