🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
erikjskinner

Gremlins

I remember loving this movie as a kid, but saw it again a couple years ago and realized how ridiculous it is. From the dad's inventions to the Gremlin-packed theater watching Snow White, this movie was nothing but silliness.

Love the show, can't wait for next week's Birdemic episode. A friend suggested I watch it a while back and I have yet to forgive him...

Gremlins is fantastic! Hobgoblins on the other hand......

• Like 1

I remember a friend and I getting his mom to rent one of the Ghoulies movies for us when we were about 12, because we knew there was some kind of nudity in it. Even at that young age we soon realized how terrible that movie was.

Haven't seen Critters or Hobgoblins, I'll have to check those out :-)

Get real, Gremlins is not only a great movie but probably one of the best Christmas movies. Its Joe Dantes best mainstream film backed by Speilberg. Yeah, I know- Gismo talks (in english), Pheobe Cates has her atrocious/ AMAZING monolog, and the population of a town of this size is strangely around 50 people who don't seem anywhere near as upset as they should and kind of just disappear with no real resolution outside of the main characters family.

Critters, Ghoulies, Hobgoblins, the Troll series would have a better chance. Maybe even Gremlins 2

You're right, Gremlins 2 would be a better choice. I was going to mention it in my original post, but I haven't seen it since I was a kid...

Though I think Gremlins being an arguably great movie with ridiculous elements would make it a great move to talk about, since Paul, Jason and June will possibly have widely varying opinions on it.

Without fail I enjoy the hell out of HDTGM no matter what movie they're talking about, though, so any of these little creature movies is fine with me!

Sign in to follow this