🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 78 — Dan Carlin, Host of Hardcore History

Veteran podcaster Dan Carlin has been hosting the perennially popular Common Sense podcast since 2005, and in 2014 iTunes named his Hardcore History podcast the best classic podcast of the year. He’s Adam’s guest for this episode of the Wolf Den, detailing the evolution of his chart-topping podcasts over the course of a decade. His Hardcore History show, in particular, is known for having episodes that last as much as several hours, with an irregular release schedule. Dan discusses how this came to be, why he thinks it works for him, and what it takes to pull off what are essentially long, but highly engaging, monologues. He tells Adam how the shows are monetized, and shares his perspective on offering free and paid content. Finally, Dan explains why iTunes made it possible for independent podcasts to succeed alongside ones from established media players, and what the future may hold for his productions.

So this is what Dan is up to instead of releasing part 5 of the WW1 podcast!

Part 6 just came out.

Admittedly, I don't listen to Wolf Den all that much, but I wanted to thank you guys for this episode, simply because (shocking! I know!) I hadn't ever heard Dan Carlin before, and this got me interested in his HH 'cast. Heard a few now, think I might be somewhat hooked.

Admittedly, I don't listen to Wolf Den all that much, but I wanted to thank you guys for this episode, simply because (shocking! I know!) I hadn't ever heard Dan Carlin before, and this got me interested in his HH 'cast. Heard a few now, think I might be somewhat hooked.

I'm glad this helped you discover Dan and his awesome show. He's really a unique guy. And thanks for listening to the Wolf Den!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this