🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Hey man, loved the punk rock show.

Have you ever seen footage from the Ronald Reagan/James Dean movie The Dark, Dark, Hours? Not since The Devil's Advocate has the world seen such a combination of great actor and terrible actor. This cautionary film about the dangers of beatniks is truly a tale for the ages. It's interesting to see that bebop music was treated very much like the punk rock of its day.

Wow, these are great! Had never seen the James Dean/Ronald Reagan clip. Fucking awesome! I still think Bebop is DANGEROUS music, even today!

As for Mr. Belvedere, "Well, I got AIDS, but other than that, I'm doing pretty good" is one of the greatest sitcom lines ever.

The BEST! Keep the stuff coming!

If you want to focus on stuff from the 1980's, the ALF cartoon show (and it's spin-off, ALF Tales) is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Kids would not even understand 90% of the jokes.

Just to set the stage, the ALF cartoon is about ALF's life before his planet blew up. Meaning you tune in with the knowledge that all the lovable goofs we see in ALF's life will one day be incinerated by nuclear war. This show was popular enough to spawn a spinoff, wherein the characters from the original cartoon were cast in fairy tales. As if this wasn't esoteric enough, each episode was also a parody of something else in pop culture. Just as an example, one episode was about ALF as Jack in the Beanstalk as Norman Bates from the movie Psycho.

It also produced one of the most cringe-inducing examples of white people being clueless about rap music, in the episode entitled "Rap-Punzel" (see what they did there?).

It's on HuluPlus. Here's a link: http://www.hulu.com/...386672#i0,p5,d0

Here are some images so you get some idea of what I'm talking about. (Yes, that is Ronald Reagan as an ALF creature in the last picture)

Alfrap3-1.jpg

AlfRegan.jpg

Gary Busey stars as Quigley. A movie about second chances and redemption through becoming a Pomeranian. A straight to DVD movie that hits all of the awful cliches and tricks of kids movies, dog movies, and body switching movies.

And here is Busey talking about what this movie means to him.

• Like 3

Gary Busey stars as Quigley. A movie about second chances and redemption through becoming a Pomeranian.

Holy shit, I am showing this Thursday night at UCB. This is an urgent manner that CANNOT wait.

• Like 2

I have several cringe-tacular clips of The Pixies on 120 Minutes from 1991, in which the band seems to channel all of its pronounced acrimony toward poor Dave Kendall. Here's one of the more gruesome excerpts.

Kim Deal's utter disinterest makes me SO happy. This is PERFECT. Was actually putting together an MTV episode and this fits right in! Thanks!!

I don't know if cult videos might be TOO weird for the show, but here's a grim, sobering look at the coming nuclear holocaust, which will kill all non-believers while the remaining few fly around Heaven (a shitty ancient Greece set) and make out.

• Like 2

Holy shit, I am showing this Thursday night at UCB. This is an urgent manner that CANNOT wait.

When you said they were prepping for sequel I quickly found the website http://quigley2.com/ and thought that it had to be fake, but upon further research this website is 100% sincere. Wow.

I was surprised there was no mention of the "Hey Love" soul commercial. I remember it being on as much as Freedom Rock and Crazy Calls:

No explanation...just watch

• Like 3

Definitely check out Reverend Bruce Howard's clips on youtube. Public access has always been a magnet for insanity, but this guy is a very unique specimen.

Probably his most interesting video:

What makes this even stranger is that his show had previously been more like this:

• Like 1

No explanation...just watch

Amazing! Alfonso Ribero is discussed on the next episode which drops tonight at midnight!

All of these clips are GREAT. Such awesome stuff.

In 1983, Daniel Stern was in a comedy called "Get Crazy," which showed us all how awesome drugs were and how productive they made you via a character called "Electric Larry."

Very familiar with "Get Crazy" directed by Allan Arkush who did "Rock and Roll High School." I want to get Mr. Arkush on the show!!!

Thought you may find this amusing- one of my very favorite terrible movies is an eighties sex farce called "Gimme an F"- about a cheerleading camp with party-lovin' counselors. The girls spy on this hunkasaurus in the shower and he gives them a show.

[Edit: sorry. for the life of me I can't embed the video here.]

• Like 1

Not sure if this quite fits into the overall late night/public access theme of the show, but I believe the video on this website, dedicated to this man's "live electronic" one man band-ery, is in the spirit of the show, if nothing else.

http://www.mcrorie.ca/

• Like 1

Not sure if this quite fits into the overall late night/public access theme of the show, but I believe the video on this website, dedicated to this man's "live electronic" one man band-ery, is in the spirit of the show, if nothing else.

I want this guy to be my Dad.

I actually have seen that guy perform live in concert! No lie!