🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

HDTGM Voting Site is HERE - For Your Inconsideration

Hello People of Earth! And Welcome to FOR YOUR INCONSIDERATION!

34so4e0.jpg

Our BRAND NEW HDTGM voting/recommendation site is FINALLY HERE! Many many thanks to HDTGM fan Shariq Torres for building the site for us, and Gabe at Earwolf for making it beautiful and awesome. Also, lots of thanks to all the other fans who reached out and offered to help. I am often overwhelmed by how much love and dedication Earwolf fans have. You guys are the best. This is for you.

So, what's this thing about? Let me tell you...

VOTE ON THE NEXT PICK - On the right side of the home page you can see our lovely poll. This first poll was compiled of 10 of the most popular suggestions from the forums for you to vote on. We will be rotating out the choices so everything gets a chance to fight for a spot on the show. Occasionally the polls will be THEMED! So make sure to check back in after each new episode!

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE? - Recommend a film by typing it in the search bar, and clicking "recommend" in the bottom corner. The search uses Rotten Tomatoes to make sure that only real movies can be accepted. If you make a suggestion that has already been made, you will be redirected to the existing recommendation. Should have looked for it first ya dum dum.

TAGGING SYSTEM - Once you've made your recommendation, choose a few tags from the drop down menu to help us categorize your pick. We will be adding new tags all the time, so if you see a film that now needs a tag, please add it! If you're not sure what a tag means, select it and the description will appear underneath the menu. You have to click "add" to finalize the tag to the recommendation. You can also browse tags in the "Recommendations" page, and we will be using them for the themed polls I mentioned!

ON A SCALE OF TRASH TO GARBAGE - Rate recommendations from 1 to 5 trashcans to see how the HDTGM fan score compares to the RT critics and audience scores.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR PICK - The Bad Movie Recommendation Forum isn't going anywhere. All recommendations will link back to their forum topic. So, if you make a recommendation that you are SURE doesn't have a forum topic, please create one so we can link it back! Talk about your recommendation and tell everyone why you think it's a great choice for HDTGM!

I LITERALLY NEED TO WATCH THIS NOW - Click the Amazon link on the recommendation to buy the film and help out Earwolf!

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER AND GET SURPRISES IN YOUR INBOX - And today May 6, FIVE people who sign up will receive a FREE TSHIRT! WOOOO! Sign up! Get in that drawing y'all!

Please don't hesitate to send me any questions you have, I will post answers to FAQ here in this forum.

So, keep those recommendations coming, and tune in for more great episodes of HOW DID THIS GET MADE?!

We'll see you at FYI.EARWOLF.COM

• Like 5

Wow, this is incredible. Shariq did a fantastic job on this.

• Like 6

Where can we suggest tags? I'd like to suggest:

#Razzie

#IMDBBottom100

#MichaelBay

#PaulWSAnderson

#BrettRatner

Wow, this is incredible. Shariq did a fantastic job on this.

Thank you, Lando. It was group effort -- Gabe, Shannon, and the intern who wrote the copy (forgot their name, sorry!) and myself all pulled together to make something real nice. Also, the people of who created all of the HDTGM memes get a shoutout as well. Their photos add a nice flair to the site.

• Like 1

...and the intern who wrote the copy (forgot their name, sorry!)

Intern? Was it Marissa Wompler?

Jokes aside, really amazing job Shariq and all involved!

Punch up was done by the lovely Ele. Thanks Ele!

Whoa, this is one fancy-ass site. Kudos, it will be flooded with shit movies in no time.

In case you missed it, if you subscribe to the newsletter on the FYI site TODAY, you could win a HDTGM tee-shirt! So please do sign your life away up!

sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit. I'm subscribed! If I win the shirt I'll send it to someone who doesn't have one.

Thank you Shariq, Shannon, Ele and anyone else who helped! This is great!

So a few questions:

VOTE ON THE NEXT PICK - On the right side of the home page you can see our lovely poll. This poll is compiled of 10 of the most popular suggestions for you to vote on. We will be rotating out the choices so everything gets a chance to fight for a spot on the show. Occasionally the polls will be THEMED! So make sure to check back in after each new episode!

Should the voting be disabled for others? (I figured out that I could do so by substituting "results" for "movie" in the URL.) Also, will votes carry over between polls?

ON A SCALE OF TRASH TO GARBAGE - Rate recommendations from 1 to 5 trashcans to see how the HDTGM fan score compares to the RT critics and audience scores.

This one confused me. Are we rating how much we actually like the movie, or how appropriate we think it is for the show? I personally went through on the second assumption, voting high for stuff I want to see and voting low for movies I didn't think fit.

So a few questions:

Should the voting be disabled for others? (I figured out that I could do so by substituting "results" for "movie" in the URL.) Also, will votes carry over between polls?

That trick doesn't actually register a vote for that movie, it just shows what the page would look like if you voted for it. Which you can't :) .

At any rate, once every "election" is over, every movie will start again with a clean slate.

This one confused me. Are we rating how much we actually like the movie, or how appropriate we think it is for the show? I personally went through on the second assumption, voting high for stuff I want to see and voting low for movies I didn't think fit.

More garbage = more garbage.

That trick doesn't actually register a vote for that movie, it just shows what the page would look like if you voted for it. Which you can't :) .

At any rate, once every "election" is over, every movie will start again with a clean slate.

More garbage = more garbage.

Ah, thank you.

Where can we suggest tags? I'd like to suggest:

#Razzie

#IMDBBottom100

#MichaelBay

#PaulWSAnderson

#BrettRatner

I'd like to suggest a tag for sports movies. And maybe something for misleading advertisements.

ETA: Plus, say, #WinterDoldrums and older movies.

We're always looking to add new tags! Please feel free to suggest them here or through the website contact form.

Just added sports movies (#soreSports). Older movies covered under #AgedPoorly.

Could you elaborate what you mean by WinterDoldrums and misleading advertisements?

Older movies covered under #AgedPoorly.

Only realized that later.

Could you elaborate what you mean by WinterDoldrums and misleading advertisements?

Winter Doldrums: Movies released in January/February, the studios' dumping grounds.

Misleading advertisements: The ads tried to sell the movie as something it wasn't. (Probably not a great tag, now that I think about it.)

Winter Doldrums: Movies released in January/February, the studios' dumping grounds.

That makes sense. Added!

#NotForKids = Movies ostensibly made for younger viewers filled with strangely adult themes

#NotForKids = Movies ostensibly made for younger viewers filled with strangely adult themes

love it. added.

Is there a way you can add an option to sort by the latest added (maybe also: most voted on, average user rating, rt ratings, etc. as well)? I spend way too much time on this forum and will also spend way too much time on FYI, so I would love a way to find movies that I have not yet had a chance to weigh in on.

Wow, that's impressive. Good job, guys.

Minor complaint: When I'm going through recommendations, it would be immensely helpful if the page had page navigation at both the top and bottom of the page. It's slightly annoying to have to scroll all the way back up every time, especially when I'm looking at them 50 per page. (I was going to suggest having the page jump back to the top, but this seems less annoying.)

Also, I hate to feel like I'm adding a bunch of tags, but a tag to suggest remakes of older movies seems slightly more suitable than just adding "based on better."

Is there a way you can add an option to sort by the latest added (maybe also: most voted on, average user rating, rt ratings, etc. as well)? I spend way too much time on this forum and will also spend way too much time on FYI, so I would love a way to find movies that I have not yet had a chance to weigh in on.

You currently are able to sort by Average Rating and RT Rating, just click the column header to sort Ascending, then click it again to sort Descending. We could definitely add the ability to sort by latest added, it might take a couple days to implement.

Also, I hate to feel like I'm adding a bunch of tags, but a tag to suggest remakes of older movies seems slightly more suitable than just adding "based on better."

#RottenRemakes just added.

Not that anyone has been anything but wonderful, but I would like to make a request for patience while we catch up to the overwhelming response. I've been trying to update links tonight and suggestions are being added literally every minute.

It's so awesome though. I love it.

Keep being awesome.